Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Intro

So, I guess it's time to introduce myself to you all (or reintroduce myself to any readers who may know me). My name's Ben, on the internet I go by BenBen. Why? Because A) I'm very unoriginal with names, B) BenBen's just plain fun to say, and C) That's actually been my nickname for the majority of my life. Anyway, enough about my name, it's pretty unimportant in the whole scheme of things. What you're reading right now is, of course, my blog. But what exactly will this blog consist of? Well, if you'd care to do a little reading, you'll find out.

So, there's a big, long, contrived reason about how this blog came to exist. But, instead of retelling that story, I'll just link you to here. That post has the whole reasoning behind why I decided to start this blog, as well as a little bit about what my plans are, which I'll explain better in this post. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, so let's skip back to what type of stuff you'll be seeing on this blog. My favorite things to discuss are film, video games, and music, and you'll be seeing pieces about all those topics here ... for the most part. Again, I'm getting ahead of myself, so now would be a good time for a paragraph break!

I'm an avid user of Twitter, and sometimes I like to abuse the concept of the service. By abusing the service, I mean posting hardcore, 15 tweet-long rants about stuff people probably don't want to read about at that moment in time. Instead, when I have a thought about some sort of news, I'll jot it all out here. That way all of my thoughts are in one, easy to access place, which will be more convenient for myself and everybody else. But, what I just said is essentially the concept of a blog, right? So what am I doing differently?

Well, you'll be seeing actual writing pieces here, mostly editorials. Sure, the kinds of posts I talked about above are kind of like editorials, but the actual editorials you're gonna see posted will be longer, and thought through a bit more. Also, they'll be a little less common, because they take more effort to write. I hope to get some sort of release schedule going once I find my stride, but until then it's sort of a "wait and see" kind of deal. The editorials on this blog will mostly be about film, but I'll post a few musical ones here and there as well.

I'll also be writing editorials about gaming, but they'll be released on the journal that I linked to above. I'm a huge fan of Rooster Teeth Productions, but I'm particularly a member of their Achievement Hunter community. Achievement Hunter is a website that was originally started to produce guides to help Xbox 360 players get achievements, but now it's become a bit more than that. Either way, the community for the site is amazing, and I'm happy to a part of it, and to know many of the more "prolific" members of the community as well. But, in a community where producing content is the norm, I found myself sticking out. So, I decided to host my gaming editorials strictly on my Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter journal. Don't worry, every time I post a new one I'll link to it in a post here, as well as give you a little preview of the piece.

I think that covers pretty much everything. I know you're all tired of reading my words, so I'll try to keep this conclusion short. Basically, I started doing all of this to do something I like doing, while also voicing my opinion in a more open and maybe even inviting format. I hope any who read this blog will enjoy what they find, from people I know, to strangers I haven't met. Also, I hope my opinions will begin new discussions about things, but I might be getting a little too ambitious with thoughts like that. So, until next time, I'll see you next time. 

(You can check out BenBen on Twitter @CmdrBenBen)

No comments:

Post a Comment