Sunday, January 30, 2011

Random Comic Book Movie News, and How!

Well, I just got back from a night over at a friend's, and I came on the computer to find that I've missed a bit of news overnight on some of the latest comic book film adaptations. So, let's rundown the stories and get my take on them, shall we?

-Henry Cavill is Zack Snyder's Superman. Well, he certainly looks the part. In fact, he has quite a striking resemblance to Brandon Routh, in my opinion. As some of you may know, I was of the opinion that the Powers That Be should just bring back Brandon Routh for this new Superman film. I thought Routh was a fine Superman, and saw no reason why the role should be recast. But, I guess it just isn't meant to be. I personally can't remember seeing Cavill in anything ever, so I can only hope that he can pull off the personality of both Superman and Clark Kent, as well as get the look down.

-They've shot actual web-swinging for the Spider-Man reboot. I actually think this is pretty cool. The only Spider-Man we've ever seen on the big screen was usually either maskless or computer generated, so to know that they're actually do everything they can to give us the realest Spidey ever is nice. This isn't the first reporting of crazy stunts from the reboot's set, so I hope they continue the trend they're setting. Hopefully the stunts will continue to go better than Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark's.

-Robin Williams is rumored to play Dr. Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises. Oh hell yes. Williams seemed to be gnawing at the teeth to get a role in one of Christopher Nolan's Batman films, and I think he'd fit into this film like a glove as Strange. It also helps that I personally prefer Robin Williams in more dramatic roles. The sources reporting this are supposedly very trustworthy, so I hope it's just a matter of conformation now. If you want a taste of what Williams could possibly be bringing to the table in The Dark Knight Rises, I suggest you check him out in Insomnia, another film by Nolan.

All in all, I'd say that's all good news for those particular films. I'm kind of dreading the beginning of The Avengers filming, honestly, because it's going to make the wait for summer 2012 so much longer. On an unrelated note, I saw True Grit last night, and I'll be watching Winter's Bone and The Fighter today, so you should expect reviews for all of those films tomorrow. So until next time, I'll see you next time.

(You can check out BenBen on Twitter @CmdrBenBen)

No comments:

Post a Comment